About our LodgeHickory Masonic Lodge No. 343 was organized on May 30, 1874 and operated under dispensation given by The Grand Lodge of North Carolina. The first meeting held under dispensation took place on June 02, 1874.
On December 08. 1874 the Lodge received its charter and the first meeting was held on December 22,1874. The Lodge was dedicated and officers were installed for the ensuing year. The first candidate to be installed after the charter was granted was Mr. T.E. Field.
Our first Lodge Master was Rev. Bro. J.C.Hartzell, Pastor of Hickory’s First Methodist Church. The other officers elected were W.P.Reinhardt, S.W.; H.S.Suttlemeyer, J.W.; A.W. Marshall, Treas.; Julius Flaum, Sec.; T.E. Field, S.D.; A.C.Link, J.D. and the appointed officers were A.A..Yoder, Tiler; N.M.Seagle and G.C.Lanier, Stewards. All told, there were 18 Charter Members at the first communication.. Want to know more? contact us.